The Flint Institute of Arts believes an effective way to enhance its reputation as an important cultural institution is to lend works of art from its permanent collection to other institutions. Lending art from the permanent collection promotes collegial relationships between museums and provides national and international audiences exposure to works of art from the FIA's outstanding collection. In addition, the FIA also borrows works from other museums, galleries, and collectors to supplement its permanent collection and exhibitions.

InterStates of Mind
Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum | Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 
November 7, 2020 – August 8, 2021 

Allan D’Arcangelo, American, 1930 – 1998. June Moon, 1969. Serigraph on paper, 11 x 14 inches. Gift of Nancy Rajala, 2010.47 
Walker Evans, American, 1903 – 1975. Joe’s Auto Graveyard, Near Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 1936, printed 1971. Gelatin silver print, 4 11/16 x 6 11/16 inches. Purchased from the Watkin Gallery, Inc., 1978.8     
Claes Oldenburg, American, born Sweden, born 1929. Profile Airflow, 1969. Molded polyurethane over lithograph on paper, 33 1/2 x 65 1/2 inches. Museum purchase, 1970.19 
Mel Ramos, American, 1935 – 2018. AC Annie, 1972. Offset lithograph on paper, 30 1/4 x 24 1/2 inches. Museum purchase, 1966.15 
Ed Ruscha, American, born 1937. America Her Best Product, 1976. Lithograph on paper, 40 x 30 inches. Museum purchase, 1972.43  
Zoltan Sepeshy, American, 1898 – 1974. Woodward Avenue No. II, 1931. Oil on canvas, 25 x 30 inches. Gift of Pat Glascock and Michael D. Hall in memory of Collin Gabriel Hall, Inlander Collection, 2003.39

Roy Lichtenstein: History in the Making, 1948 – 1960
Colby College Museum of Art
February 11 – June 6, 2021
Parrish Art Museum
August 1 – October 24, 2021
Columbus Museum of Art
March 4 – June 5, 2022
Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University
August 25, 2022 – January 8, 2023

Roy Lichtenstein, American, 1923 – 1997. Mechanism Cross Section, 1954. Oil on canvas, 40 x 54 inches. Gift of Messrs. Samuel N. Tomkin and Sidney Freedman, 1956.2