Welcome Back to the FIA!
Thank you to everyone who has supported the FIA during the time of our closure. Whether it was through monetary donations or through your uplifting words, we feel like you’ve been with us the whole time.
And now, with your safety in mind, the FIA has the pleasure to open its doors to you!
Safety Protocols: The FIA has prepared for our reopening using guidelines from Governor Gretchen Whitmer, MIOSHA, OSHA, and the CDC. We have added supplemental precautions, such as enhanced cleanings anda new air filtration system, for the health and safety of our visitors and employees.
The response to COVID-19 is still ongoing and changes daily. We will continue to monitor recommendations from Governor Gretchen Whitmer, MIOSHA, OSHA, and the CDC to provide a healthy and safe environment for our visitors and employees above all else.
Thank you again for your support during the weeks of our closure. It has been an inspiration to all of us at the FIA.
Before Leaving Your House
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure, we ask that you perform a self-check health screening. Your participation and honesty are essential to help us take measures to protect you and everyone at the FIA. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, we kindly ask that you do NOT visit the FIA at this time.
In the last 14 days have you:
- Been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a health care professional?
- Experienced cold or flu-like symptoms which may include cough, shortness of breath or chest tightness, sore throat, nasal congestion and runny nose, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, a fever over 104 degrees, chills, or sweats?
- Had close contact with an individual who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
When You Arrive
- Visitors will enjoy a hands-free (no-touch) experience
- Visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear masks
- Maintain social distance—markers have been placed
- through the building to assist you
- Temperature checks required
- Visitors showing signs of illness will be asked to return at a later date
- Coat check and water fountains unavailable
- Hand sanitizer stations available throughout museum and Art School
- Restrooms monitored and cleaned with increased frequency
- New air filtration system installed
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|The Palette Café||9a–5p||10a–5p||1p–5p|
Galleries are closed on major holidays
|Genesee County Residents||Free|
|Children 12 & Under||Free|
|Students with ID||$8.00|
This includes special exhibitions and permanent collection.
If you are uncomfortable visiting us at this time and wish to visit at a later date, we have some online resources to keep you engaged. You can also follow us on our social media channels for daily posts about art and art-related content from the FIA's own collection and beyond.
Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding safety or other resources to help keep you engaged with the museum – 810.234.1695.