In response to COVID-19, the Flint Institute of Arts is temporarily closed.

Learn More
DeWaters Art Center

DeWaters Art Center


Known today as the Flint Institute of Arts, the Enos and Sarah DeWaters Art Center was built in 1958. Through the years, the DeWaters family was very involved in the college and cultural development of Flint. In 1955, Mr. DeWaters donated funds toward the building of a new art center, which housed four art programs, and was named in memory of his wife.

  • Enos DeWaters
  • Sarah DeWaters